Monday, June 13, 2011

Joshua Bell appointed Music director of Academy of St. Martin in the Fields

Richmond Classical: You know you have a crush on him!
Sylvia: Stop it--he's a serious artist, not a GQ model.  Stop objectifying him!!
***
For anyone who has followed the career of this splendid violinist, this news comes as no surprise and as a pure delight.  We can only hope the Academy will come back to Richmond very soon!

“I have felt a particular affection for the Academy of St Martin in the Fields ever since I made my very first concerto recording with them under the baton of Sir Neville Marriner when I was just 18 years old. Since then the orchestra has come to feel like family to me, as we have shared so many cherished moments together both musical and personal. Over the past several years I have begun to explore the great symphonic repertoire with the ASMF and I am thrilled that I will have the opportunity to continue this collaboration under the official title of Music Director.” (Joshua Bell, May 27, 2011)


Read more at: http://www.asmf.org/739/news-reviews/new-music-director/

No comments:

Post a Comment